The mission of the Paradise Valley Community College Honors Program is to provide promising scholars with challenging, innovative, and enriching learning opportunities within a close community comprised of faculty mentors and Honors students. In this atmosphere, our students learn to think critically, communicate effectively, and act with integrity. PVCC’s Honors scholars are encouraged to take full responsibility for their journey of life-long learning and to excel in scholarship, leadership, and civic responsibility.
"There is no road too long to the man who advances deliberately and without undue haste; there are no honors too distant to the man who prepares himself for them with patience."
Jean de la Bruyere
PVCC Honors Program at a Glance
• Free printing, laptop and iPod checkouts, a study/community center, and symphony tickets
• Honors-only classes in many academic disciplines
• Active, small group learning supported by related extracurricular activities
• Leadership positions and community involvement events through the Student Honors Advisory Council (SHAC)
• Customize your own Honors curriculum and participate in research through honors projects
• Small class sizes
• Travel opportunities including but not limited to the Honors Retreat, Honors Explorer Classes, and national and regional honors conferences
• All-USA, Chancellors' and Foundation Scholarships
• Honors Forum Speaker series, which features nationally known experts
• Fine arts and cultural experiences
Upcoming Events 2014-2015