Career Services will provide state-of-the-art programs and services to advance the career development and employment opportunities of its students, graduates, and community.
Career Services provides comprehensive career development planning and job search services to PVCC students and to the community at all stages of career development. Our focus is on providing an inclusive, innovative, and supportive environment that will assist students in achieving their full potential in career development.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
After participating in a Career Services Workshop (i.e. mock Interview, résumé and cover letter, online job search) or similar visit with Career Services staff, student will be able to meet one of these SLOs.
- Handle difficult interview questions with finesse
- Interview giving concise but thorough interview responses
- Write a targeted résumé and cover letter
- Identify career related communication terms for job search
- Utilize career resources for educational and career planning
- Develop a research based career development action plan
- Identify and apply job search resources and strategies
- Identify and describe career services resources
- Identify and wear appropriate workplace/interview attire
- Identify relevant soft/hard skill sets needed for occupation
- Research and describe current occupational trends and outlook
- Conduct a job/internship search using online job boards and websites
- Utilize web based career planning resources
- Upload a résumé and cover letter to a job board, website, or email